Monday, October 17, 2016

MY OTHER ROOM

I have always enjoyed my journey home from work because I always have my music as my companion but today I decided to listen to the voices around my vicinity. The elevator seems jammed and I decided to take the staircase. Series of greetings exchanged down the hall, some reply sharply and some replies comes like there was an instant network disconnection and re-connection because their reply came after about three to four footsteps apart. They were deep in thought while walking.


Walking towards the gate, the men in charge were all smiles like a puppy that saw his owner. With astonishing smiles they said “bros good night o” and courteously I smiled back and gave a Mourinho kind of nod. Oh were they expecting ‘it’ again today?
Upon arriving at the major road, I saw two guys exchanging blows like Floyd Mayweather and Bash Ali. These guys should have represented Nigeria at the just concluded Olympics perhaps they would have won us a medal. From the uproar I was able to decode that they were fighting over N100 given to them by a Bus driver who took passengers from the illegal park. Within a twinkle of an eye, eyes were swollen and blood running down their nose for N100 sakes. Hmmm, Ilu le, ko s’owo lode.
I finally got on a bus, and the first thing I noticed was a beautiful lady sitting behind the driver I was really rushing to sit next to her, at least within the journey home we could kick off a conversation and maybe exchange numbers. Before I could say Jack Robinson, one bad sharp guy like Usain Bolt beat me to the seat and I had no choice than to take the back seat in between two market women. Squeezed in between like bean cake in bread. Oh am I really on this journey home?
The trouble started when the bus conductor informed the passengers he will be sharing the seat meant for four people. Like they were all expecting him to even cough. They all disagreed with him and instead of him to plead he commanded that whoever is not pleased should come down. And the next thing I saw was a hot slap…
Who was slapped? Who slapped? And why?

Keep your eyes on this page tomorrow because My Other Room will be waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment